Tuesday 18 January 2022

Snow day

 Its sunny today but yesterday was a snow day in more ways than one. My son, who's been riding his bike to work to avoid getting on a bus along with a lot of other people most of whom still don't know how to wear a mask properly, even had to leave his bike at home. He did so again today. It made me glad for once that I work from home. You can handle isolation when you're avoiding an hour wait for a bus you can fit onto, in a snow storm, in a pandemic. 

My work day consisted of sitting where I am sitting now and watching the snow fall while talking to total strangers. Same Stuff Different Day. Mind you being stuck at home even more than I have been has cut into my filming for my You Tube, not to mention having to scramble for ideas to write about here. 

To heck with the weather lets talk about books. I once had someone read through a bunch of my short stories describe my writing style as this; 

"You start walking along a path in a park and its nice and interesting and then you unwittingly step off the path and instead of just standing on the grass next to the path you are someplace completely different."

I think in general that can be said for a lot of what I write. I don't write a lot of short stories. Most of  them end up being short enough to be called Flash Fiction and that's a different book. For the record stress in the last couple of years has got in the way of my being able to do a deep enough dive into a plot to do proper full length novels. I have therefor been producing a lot of novellas.  My anthology THE FOURTH WALL has a good selection of both.




It was originally published by a small press that dropped me six weeks later (poor sales and the press was refocusing regarding what they were going to handle) costing me a kick ass cover and disconnecting me from one hell of a review that Amazon says cannot be moved from that cover to this one. 

Try it out;

 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F5GPZ1N/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_tkin_p3_i7

Its winter and the weather is crap. Make tea and have a read. 


No comments:

Post a Comment