Wednesday 8 December 2021

Time

 Sitting here looking out my bedroom window at a brick wall, the snow falling between my building and the house next door I am reminded of a question I've been toying with for years. What on earth do non creative people do with their free time? I'm in a temporary layoff period and currently have quite a lot of free time. Hence todays blog and I just finished editing and posting a You Tube video. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS1uPmeUhI2VRLUafa9zA3w    This should take you there. 

I'll probably go do dishes in a bit but that's beside the point. If you are not preoccupied with creating stuff, what the heck do you think about?


There's lots of ways of being a creative person of course.  I write. No surprise there. I have friends in fandom that do a wonderful amount of creating from costumes to a lot more.


A while ago some people I know displayed their creations in a book store. These beauties are called Daleks. They are a classic bad guy from the 50 plus year old British sci fi show Dr. Who. We fans are called Whovians. 


I was feeling kind of off that day. Just seeing a Dalek cheered me up something wonderful. I wont go into any details as far as their construction goes except to say this isn't a cardboard cut out. It's a solid thing the operator/builder rides around in at conventions.  


Sometimes I think the world would be better off if more people built Daleks and started ignoring conspiracy theories, reality TV and gossip magazines.  

I guess I'll go do dishes now. Life does need a balance after all. 




No comments:

Post a Comment