Friday 31 December 2021

Start as you mean to continue.

 For the latter half of her life my late mother had a New Years Eve tradition. Start the year as you mean to continue. In her case do art on New Years Eve while listening to the radio.  I seem to be following in her brush strokes. Though I don't do the same sort of art and I don't actually own a radio. 

Earlier today I added a video to my You Tube. If you're interested there's a link at the bottom of this page. As they always say on those things be sure to like and subscribe. My work is technically a little rough but when you consider I'm working with the bottom of the line Samsung tablet and the free editing software you get with Windows 10 I'd say its pretty good.

As for the writing I've been working on that as well. The other day I talked about the book of flash fiction I finished and self published. I've also finally put together a poetry chapbook.  This will be done by a small press. Its a combination of poetry and photographs and when it comes to that sort of layout I just can't manage the technicalities.  I was going to do this ages ago but then my publisher ran into a problem. Then COVID started. Finally I figured out how to stick photographs into manuscripts and said, "That's it. That thing is getting off my to do list." 

No news on the book of three novellas that I finished around the middle of December. I think I mentioned once before that around the time I finished I also saw a notice that a large press had an open submission window.  I'll give'em six months then publish the thing myself.

How am I going to continue in the new year? I'll probably keep blogging. I'll defiantly keep doing videos. I might even look into getting some second or third hand equipment to do more complicated stuff. Of course I'll keep writing.

That last one is most important. Find what keeps you alive and keep doing that. Writing keeps me alive so I am going to keep doing it even if you need a microscope to see my sales. Mind you I do have a plan for the year. I'm going to pack up a load of books and attend a fan convention. More about that as we get closer. 

In the mean time remember; 


Tree's are old and bumpy and everyone loves them.




You're not fat you're fluffy.



Find out where things lead to, it might be ice-cream. 

Keep wearing your masks, get the shots they think its smart for you to get and be the bad ass angle you know you are. 

PS; see below the text it says You Tube click on it and you can see my video. 


No comments:

Post a Comment