Thursday 4 November 2021

FOOD

 Once you get to a certain age you suddenly discover that food you once thought was absolutely your favorite or the worst thing ever have changed positions in the -will I eat it- stakes. 


Two different types of cheese melted in the microwave. Yeah I know toaster oven would do that and the bread wouldn't get soggy but I don't have one. Or to be more exact I don't have the counter space to have one. I live in a 60s era building but it has 2020 era counter space in the kitchen.

Beyond swiftly prepared cheese sandwiches I have decided I like Brussel sprouts. This is a Christmas dinner -eat one and you can have desert- item I never thought I would eat willingly. I now find my body does a scream now and then and says; 

"EAT A VEGITABLE DAMN IT!!! OK OK I'LL MAKE THE THINGS TASTE BETTER."

A food I kind of miss and once in a great while I make just for myself is canned beans and hot dogs. Or as they were referred to when I was a kid beany-weenies. The beans of course were generally Heinz beans in sauce. I've seen on British TV that they still get eaten often over there but here, not so much.


On a side note did you ever just mix stuff up in a bowl, eat it, say wow I'm having that again, then never eat it again? I think that's how they invented poutine only the inventor did do it again. 

Now if you will excuse me I am going to go make jello and I might mix it with dream whip and if you're good I'll put fruit in it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment