Wednesday 24 November 2021

Do Stuff

 I can't say this enough. Do stuff. If you don't have much money do small stuff. Do stuff and take pictures of the event because you might end up with a period of time where circumstances stop you from doing anything. You know like a freaking plague.



My 60th birthday happened just before the boom lowered. In fact there was the odd news report of something happening in China but no one thought it was much because they were controlling the press coverage pretty closely. Also frankly everyone remembered the H1N1 and SARS scares.



H1N1 was easily dealt with by vaccinations that were ready to go because of ongoing research. SARS while bad for the few people who caught it did not travel nearly as readily as COVID so that while in many cases it was often devastating to the people directly effected it touched relatively few people. 



My actual birthday happened in the middle of the week so I had to grumble my way through an ordinary work day. That weekend most of my friends were at a fan convention. I ended up going to the Canadian National Exhibition with a different friend who favor's a different convention. 


Neither of us are big ride fans but we enjoyed the displays in particular the pictures I have added here. They are all Chinese lanterns. Some of them moved. We spent a long time wandering through the display and taking pictures. It was a good birthday.

PS; the weekend after my other friends and I went to a movie as kind of a casual birthday party. It was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment