Monday 18 October 2021

Being a grown up

 I didn't plan on being a grown-up, it just happened. Every once in a while I feel a bit cranky when I think of the subject. When I was younger I had just enough fun to know that over doing it can get you into trouble. I traveled, saw and did things that most people put on their bucket lists.  

Then I became an adult and started doing adult things. It will not surprise you to hear, being an adult is not fun. Its satisfying, educational, great and miserable in turns. The fun on the other hand is a little thin on the ground.

Not sure where I'm going with this except that I had a three day weekend to look forward to and I blew it by being an adult and picking up a shift for Friday. It was the right thing to do but I wont deny there were fun alternatives I could have looked into. 


Life is like a path that you follow, frequently blindly. Sometimes just sometimes its preferable or even healthier to veer off the path and have some fun. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment