Friday 15 October 2021

High Park


 

There's a big park in Toronto called High Park. It has, tucked into one of its many little valleys, what is generously called a zoo. Basically its a double row of paddocks. It works as a zoo though if you are five and your parents cant afford the big fancy zoo at the edge of the city.



Looks like he thinks I owe him an explanation doesn't he? The zoo is constantly being threatened with closure particularly as the neighborhood around the park becomes increasingly gentrified. Old money always has lived there of course but for a long time there was a lot of the middling sort and even a bit of poor. Not much of that anymore. 



Now would be the time to make an OX(ymoron) joke. Its a good thing I'm above that. In any case thankfully the zoo abides. I think some of the committee Karen's have decided that its a good thing to have and are crusading to keep it and make it better. Say what you will about your basic Karen they give great committee. Someone needs to I'm terrible at them. 



                                                                     Deer me its getting late.



                                                                    I'll see myself out. 




No comments:

Post a Comment