Friday 8 October 2021

The Scooter

 At the beginning of this summer someone tried me out on one of her fold up bikes. She wanted company to go riding with; sadly I was not up to par. Fair dues she biked daily I hadn't been on a bike in years. The degree of which I sucked however had me thinking. I wanted to buy an electric scooter. If I was this bad at a bike I'd end up killing myself on a scooter. Also my knees were becoming scary bad. (you're not a kid anymore warning)

Exercise was the solution but I've never been into deep knee bends or pointless walks to nowhere. Then there was the scooter issue. I still want one. My solution was get a non powered scooter. Surprisingly hard to do in a city on lockdown. When that second lockdown ended I went and did it; scooter and helmet. 

I don't know if you ever watched anyone riding one of those things but the best way to do it is slightly flexed so you can react to the road. (knee bends to strengthen knees CHECK)  It also takes some balance and I think I have rediscovered my center of balance. It takes energy too and I have walked into my apartment after fifteen minutes scooting dripping sweat.  

Its also fun. I mean what do you want to do deep knee bends? Or do you want to go flying?

Now if you will excuse me I'm late for my morning flight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment