Sunday 10 October 2021

Movies I can afford please

 There were two different films I wanted to see this weekend: the recent Bond film and Venom 2. Tricky thing is This is a holiday weekend and theaters have developed a bit of an inconvenient habit. On holiday weekends the films that are a going concern get put into the VIP theaters or 3D theaters depending on the film. The conventional level versions are not shown. 

This morning I checked the theater's web page then went off to find that instead of 10$ senior rates they want 23$ our of me. 

I have one word for that. NO.

If I am paying over twenty dollars I want actors on a stage than you very much. I like theater. I can't afford it but I do like it a lot. When it comes to movies however I really feel that if an ordinary working person has to work more than an hour to get them in the door then something is seriously off. 

VIP will never see my face and as for 3D its a total pointless waste. The only time I go to a 3D movie is when my friends are going in a group and I want to go along. There were also a couple of times on Christmas when my kids and I went to fill the afternoon.  

Please Hollywood just tell me a good story. 

On a side note It seems like its getting farther away from the last lock-down and I'm getting used to going to the movies. I went to buy popcorn and froze as I looked at the 9$ price tag then said no. I went and got a hot dog instead. Real(ish) food and it was only 5$

By the way I'd give Venom 2 a firm 3 stars out of 5. Don't expect to much just lean back and forget reality for a while. 


No comments:

Post a Comment