Tuesday 19 October 2021

Day off

 When you are a kid, day's off, like teachers professional development days, are amazing. You get to see TV that you generally miss or only watch if you are sick and so don't really enjoy. Fast forward to me at 62 I gave up watching TV ages ago because I started counting the commercials. TEN there are TEN commercials every single time now.  I used to groan when there were two or three. You can seriously forget what you were watching.

Forgot where I was going with that. Look at this picture why I try and remember. Not sure who they are right now; politicians I expect. 



 

Oh right, back to day's off. Its great as an adult to have a day off because you can get into places and do what you want to do and get out without bashing your way through throngs of people. On a side note I've started counting noses I can see when I go into situations where I shouldn't see noses. Depressing. Its been almost two years can we learn how to wear a mask please?

Oops, did it again. Took a turn I didn't intend. Here's another picture. I think its from a Day of the Dead celebration several years ago. 


What was I saying. Oh yes. Movies in particular, for me at least, are much better on a weekday afternoon. Weekend afternoons are second on my preferred list. Even before covid I was never a fan of crowded movie theaters. I only go nights if its a social thing and I'm with a group of friends. Speaking of friends I'm meeting one for lunch. 


After all its my day off. 


No comments:

Post a Comment